From the AD
From the Athletics Director
The Athletic Department staff and coaches are committed to providing an unmatched experience during your Shelton athletic career. Our coaches are experienced and proven in their sport and possess a motivational gift to bring out the best in performance. We focus on strength, agility, conditioning, nutrition and character under the guidance of our physical education staff and strength coach to ensure an elite, physical form in our student-athletes. We take pride in our facilities that are maintained to enhance players’ abilities. Finally, we have prospered by upholding integrity, sportsmanship, respect, responsibility, and leadership. Our holistic approach to athletics and individual focus on each participant culminates in winning seasons and championships, a sense of pride and well-being for all involved, and the greatest sense of camaraderie among athletes.
You should know that the dedication and performance of our staff and student-athletes extends beyond their playing fields and to their academic pursuits above all else. The support network of the school faculty and staff in conjunction with the student creates a win-win situation for all. As a Shelton Charger, you will be proud of the level of athletic skill, academic success, strength of character, and the feeling of sportsmanship! Go Chargers!
The Athletic Department Philosophy
The Shelton School Athletic Department demonstrates the Shelton School philosophy and uses the same beliefs as a foundation for the athletic program.
The Shelton School Athletic Department provides a learning experience that enhances the academic, social, emotional and physical development of the learning different child. The Athletic Department assists and supports the development of the whole child. Success in this area depends on coaching the child first and the fundamentals of the sport second.
- Promote academic accountability and responsibility
- Develop strength of character, honesty, morality and ethics
- Develop a respect for team, community, peers, authority and self
- Instill sportsmanship, teamwork, hard work and pride in accomplishments
- Improve physical fitness, cardiovascular fitness, strength and endurance
- Improve motor skills, perceptual skills, reaction times, and eye hand coordination
- Promote improved social skills, emotional well being, build a positive self image and develop mature behaviors
- Provide opportunities to develop friendships and social interaction
- Increase knowledge and understanding of their particular sport
- Build school pride and promote school spirit