Believe * Compete * Finish
Upper School (9th - 12th grades)
- 2018-2019 Sport Registration. (To see the registration list thru 8/16/18, click here)
- 2018-2019 Upper School Athletics Information
Middle School (6th - 8th grades)
What is ImPACT Testing?
ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is a validated computerized concussion evaluation system. The test assists in tracking recovery of cognitive processes after an athlete receives a head injury. The test helps us establish the athlete's normal cognitive functioning that can be later used to compare to post-concussion testing.
All Shelton athletes are required to take the ImPACT baseline testing. To be in compliance with the Shelton Charger Athletic Handbook, athletes in the 6th, 8th, 10th, and 12th grades must take the test. Also, if an athlete is new to Shelton or Shelton Athletics in any grade, the ImPACT test must be taken. In some cases, athletes will have to take the test two years in a row if they are new to Shelton or Shelton Athletics.
For on-campus testing:
All on-campus testing has been completed for the 2018-2019 school year. Please refer to off-campus testing below.
For off-campus testing:
Call the Ben Hogan Sports Concussion Center in Plano to make an appointment. Shelton has already paid for the testing for Shelton athletes, so the service is provided at no cost to you. Athletes must have at least 3 hours of non-physical activity prior to taking the test. If your child is taking the test after school, he/she CANNOT work out in 8th period or after school.
6300 W. Parker Road
Medical Office Building 2, Suite 124
Plano, Tx 75093
Click here to download and print the ImPACT worksheet. This is required at the time the test is taken and should be completed by a parent.
- Shelton Health Form (cannot be used for High School physicals)
- TAPPS Physical (can be used for Middle School or High School)
- Online Athletic Paperwork You will need the following:
- student Shelton password (only the 4 digits of the student login id that includes last name - your child logs in with this at school)
- student medical insurance card
- your athlete to read and sign some of the forms