Montessori Inclusion Endorsement Course
- Course Information
- Admission Requirements
- Non-native English Speakers
- Travel & Lodging
- College Credit
- Register Here
Shelton Montessori Training, SMT, offers this course.
The AMS Inclusion Endorsement is designed for the credentialed Montessori teacher who seeks knowledge and skills for fully integrating an inclusive classroom model that meets the needs of diverse learners. The endorsement incorporates the teacher and learner practices used in Montessori schools, while recognizing and honoring the needs of children with learning exceptionalities.
This course is available for credentialed Montessori teachers. All required courses are offered during two summer sessions. An enrollment of five teachers is required for this course.
For this AMS Inclusion Endorsement, the requirements are:
- A Montessori certificate at any level
- Attendance for the 20 days of the 2-year course
- Successful completion of the 160 hours of coursework
- Successful completion of a supervised practicum of 16 weeks working in their own school
A sixteen week practicum provides the opportunity to practice leading an inclusive classroom with diverse learners under the guidance of a field supervisor.
Successful completion of the course and practicum earns an AMS Montessori Inclusion Endorsement
Summer Session I Date: July 11 - 22, 2022 (no class on Saturday or Sunday) 8:30 – 5:30 pm
Summer Session II Date: July 10 - 21, 2023 (no class on Saturday or Sunday) 8:30 – 5:30 pm
Tuition, Manuals, and Association Fees: Total $6,000
$500 deposit due before the first day of class.
For the remaining amount ($5500) there is a payment plan available.
The deposit must be paid in order to attend the first day of class.
Contact Gulzar Babool at 972.774.1772, Ext.2510 or email@example.com
Note: Teachers who wish to obtain a Masters in Special Education from Dallas Baptist University (DBU) may take additional coursework at DBU. The coursework completed at Shelton will provide 12 credit hours toward the Master’s degree.
- B.A. or B.S. degree - All official transcripts must be translated into English and certified as equivalent to a United States bachelor's degree. Both the original language transcript and the translated transcript must be submitted with the application. The applicant is responsible for the cost of the evaluation. Certification of the applicant's documentation can be obtained from one of the following agencies.
World Education Service, P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113 (212-966-6311), or http://www.wes.org
International Education Research Foundation (IERF)
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- One Official transcript from the school from which you attained your highest degree
- Statement of purpose for attending the Elementary I Course
- Application found above at "Register Here" tab
- Copy of Early Childhood Certificate from a MACTE accredited course or take the Overview of Early Childhood course. (Required for those without EC certification.)
- An interview.
- If you are a Non-Native Speaker of English, you must provide additional documentation.
A student whose file lacks any of the items listed above may be accepted on a provisional basis while he/she awaits the full documentation. If there are any questions the student should contact SMT for verification of status. A letter of full acceptance or a letter of provisional acceptance with deficiencies is sent.
TOEFL Provide an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Shelton Montessori Training's Code is 3036
For information and to register: http://www.toeflgoanywhere.org
- Minimum Paper Based Score - 550
- Minimum Internet Based Score - 79
- Minimum Computer Based Score - 213
IELTS Provide an official IELTS (Intensive English Language Testing System.) Request to have an official Test Report Form sent from the test center where you took the test to Shelton Montessori Training at the address below.
For information about the test and to register: http://www.ielts.org
- overall band score of 6
- no individual band lower than 5.
Gulzar Babool, Co-Director
Shelton Montessori Training
17301 Preston Rd.
Dallas, TX 75252
Your travel arrangements are your responsibility. Southwest Airlines flies into Love Field Airport. Love Field is 45 minutes away from the school. All other airlines fly into DFW, which is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour away. A car is necessary for ground transportation in Dallas. There is also a big Uber presence.
There are several hotels nearby (less than 15min). We do not have special rates for any hotels.
You must arrange for your own meals. All workshop/course participants should bring a sack lunch, as only 30 minutes is allotted for the lunch break.
Casual professional attire is requested. Due to air conditioning, a sweater or light jacket is recommended.
All fees/materials are payable in U.S. currency only.
Certificate of Course Completion
All participants will receive a certificate after all requirements are fulfilled.
Montessori Courses, contact our General email SMT@shelton.org.
Bachelor’s Degree Credit
- We collaborate with Chaminade University to offer you an alternative to complete your bachelor’s degree online. Once you complete our training, we can transfer 18 credit hours to Chaminade. For more information please contact: Yan Yan Imamura at 808-739-8563 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Masters Level Credit
- Dallas Baptist University
A Master of Arts in Teaching program (M.A.T.) can be taken concurrently from Dallas Baptist University while taking either Montessori training program. The graduate program will focus on developing teachers who will be skilled in leadership, curriculum design, and advanced instructional strategies. Please contact the Graduate Office of the School of Education 214.333.7100 for more information about admissions and registration or Dr. Carolyn Spain at email@example.com or 214.333.5217.
- Southern Methodist University
Individuals who would like to pursue a Masters in Education with Specialization in Montessori at SMU can find more information on their website:
www.smu.edu Students admitted in the SMU Masters program can transfer 12 credit hours to count toward the full 36 credit hour Masters course work. Students must simply submit documentation from the Shelton School that they have completed the training with the last 2 years (and into the coming years.)
The intent of this teacher education scholarship is to support the growth of Montessori teachers of tomorrow who will dedicate themselves to the education of children using the Montessori method.
This donation will enable SMT the ability to award up to twenty scholarships of $1,500 each to teachers who wish to apply to either the Early Childhood Montessori program or the Elementary I Montessori program.
Shelton Montessori Training holds accredited status for its Elementary I teacher education certification course from the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) though the year 2024.
Shelton Montessori Training holds Full Affiliate status for its Early Childhood, Elementary I, Elementary I-II teacher certification course with the American teacher certification course with the American Montessori Society (AMS) through the year 2024.