Harold Simmons Application Process
- Applicant completes the online application form, including the submission of all documents.
Applications are handled by Gulzar Babool, Co-director of Shelton Montessori Training (SMT)
- Each complete application would include the following: (see details about these items on the application page)
Online Applications must be received in the SMT office by midnight, May 1
- Every applicant will receive an email confirmation of receipt of the application. Scholarship recipients will be informed by email.
- Applicants must use the online application form.
- Applications must be completed online; applications will not be accepted by any other methods.
- SMT awards partial tuition scholarships only.
- The scholarship award is paid to the teacher education program in which the applicant is enrolled.
- If a scholarship recipient withdraws from the program prior to receiving an AMS credential, unused funds are returned to the Harold Simmons Scholarship Fund in accordance with the tuition refund policies of the teacher education program.
- Applications become the property of SMT upon receipt.
- Any aspiring Montessori teacher is eligible to apply for a Harold Simmons Scholarship, if the applicant has been accepted or is in process of acceptance.
- Applicants are considered on the basis of financial need, a compelling personal statement, three letters of recommendation, and official verification of acceptance into or enrollment in a SMT training.
- No applicant is denied consideration of a Harold Simmons Scholarship because of gender, race, creed, color, national origin or sexual orientation.
- To be considered, applicants are responsible for compiling and sending the completed materials in accordance with printed guidelines.
- Incomplete applications (those missing any documentation listed above) will not be considered for a scholarship award.