2023 Seniors' Page
Seniors are required to have 20 hours of community service. Seniors will participate in a community service opportunity on March 29th from 8:30 am - 12:00 pm.
Our Jostens representative will be on campus on September 19th during advisory to meet with the seniors and be back on September 26th to take the order. Parents/students do not need to order a cap and gown for graduation. Shelton will order and pay for the graduation caps and gowns.
Shelton’s Policy: Vehicles on Campus
Student parking permits are available upon registration of the vehicle with the administration. Vehicles parked on school property are under the jurisdiction of the school. The school reserves the right to search any vehicle if reasonable cause exists.
Student Parking Rules
- Parking permits must be displayed by affixing them in the lower left or right-hand hand corner of the windshield when parked at Shelton.
- Vehicles without Shelton parking permits are subject to be towed from the premises at the owner’s expense.
- Students are to park in their designated spot.
- Parking permits may not be shared or exchanged for another student to use at any time.
- Students must leave vehicles upon arriving on campus and not return until dismissal.
- A student must possess a valid driver’s license at all times when driving on campus.
- No permit will be issued without a valid driver’s license, current insurance policy, and current registration.
- Failure to adhere to Vehicles on Campus policy may result in privilege being restricted or suspended.
To receive a parking decal please complete the following:
- Please complete the attached Vehicle Google Form. (This is best if completed on the phone.)
- Student credentials are required to access the form.
- Video instructions to complete the Vehicle Google Form.
Senior Painted Parking Spots
Seniors may design and then paint their own parking spot.
There is a $75 fee involved to cover the cost to prep and prime the parking spaces.
Please note that all supplies must be furnished by the student/family.
Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
The dates for painting will be September 23rd 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, September 24th 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, September 30th 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm, and October 1st 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. The parking spots will be primed and ready for students to paint.
Parking Spot Design Guidelines:
- Designs must be school-appropriate, which means:
- No offensive language, symbols, flags, etc.
- No reference to drugs, alcohol, or weapons.
- No words or images that could have a double meaning.
- No names or initials of, or reference to other students.
- No controversial content (political, social, etc).
- No painting over the parking spot number.
- The design must be simple enough to complete within a 8 hour time frame.
- The design painted must match the approved image that is submitted.
- Unapproved or inappropriate designs will be painted over at the discretion of the administration.
Parking Spot Painting Guidelines:
- Students must provide their own paint and supplies listed below. No other paint will be permitted.
- Concrete paint is the ONLY type of paint permitted. Latex paint, oil based paint, spray paint, glitter or textured paint are NOT permitted.
- Students are required to clean up their area when they are finished.
- Students are not allowed to paint their parking spot at any time other than the school scheduled painting times.
- Concrete paint in the colors of your choice - we encourage you to share paint!
- Broom to sweep off the spot before painting
- Chalk to sketch the design on the parking space
- Brushes, rollers, or sponges to apply the paint
- Plastic cups/containers for paint, water, brushes
- Drop cloths or towels
- Stools or chairs to sit on
- Trash bags for clean up
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bottled water
- Pop-up canopy or umbrella for shade
Students are encouraged to share supplies/materials with each other.
Students must log on to their Shelton account to fill out the form and submit the design proposal.
The Shelton Hero Ceremony is a time for students who are moving in to their senior year, the last year of high school and to recognize and honor a person who has been influential in their life. This may be a family member, teacher, coach, or other significant person. This person may not be an individual who is in the senior class and we strongly recommend students do not choose a boyfriend or girlfriend. Each student's selected hero will be invited to attend the ceremony August 29th. Students will be guided in English class to write a statement about the person they have chosen to be read at the ceremony.
The following form has much of the information about senior privileges, including logistical information and how to ensure that you keep them throughout the year. Please read the entire form and fill it out at the bottom to acknowledge and grant permission for these senior privileges.
This form must be completed by both parent and senior for senior privileges to take effect beginning Monday, August 22nd.
The Senior Retreat will be held in the home of the Ramji’s on October 12th 8:30 am - 12:00 pm. Parent letters to the seniors are due to the Upper School office by 4:30 pm on October 5th.
Do not order your yearbook. It is paid for in the Senior Fees and will be automatically ordered by Shelton.
Each Senior's Headshots will cover a half page in the yearbook. The yearbook will feature your Senior in their Formal and Casual shots courtesy of Holt Haynsworth. Holt is Shelton's yearbook photographer and a former Shelton student. A formal individual headshot will be made for the yearbook, and you'll also have the opportunity to plan a casual candid shot that will be used in a fun composite group shot. This shot is popular with both students and parents. It is important to get your session scheduled during the summer, as this ensures a smooth operation with the coordination of our yearbook. Photo sessions for seniors take place through August 15th. Our agreement with Holt is that your information will not be used except to contact you about scheduling and periodic reminders of deadlines, and to acquaint you with the photo packages offered.
Seniors/parents who want additional space for quotes, accomplishments, shoutouts or photos can purchase additional ad space in the back of the yearbook.
Half Page Ads : $100
Full Page Ads : $150
Deadline #1: Purchase your ad space by November 4, 2022.
Deadline #2: Submit Ads materials and designs by November 30, 2022.
If you have any additional questions, please email them to email@example.com