Why Shelton? Find out from our students!
Shelton's mission is to work with students who have average or above intelligence who struggle with academic learning disabilities such as dyslexia and ADHD. Seeking the right school for a struggling child can be an overwhelming process. Our admission staff gives each family individualized attention throughout the process to ensure that, if accepted, Shelton will be a great fit for your student.
New students from Early Childhood (3 years old) through grade 10 are accepted as student placements become available. Due to our highly specialized program and unique admission process, it is our policy to review any previous testing as the first step in the admissions process, so that we can become familiar with the child's strengths and weaknesses and know if we are a good fit for the child's needs.
Please note: Tours are booked several weeks in advance, so we recommend submitting your materials as soon as possible.
- Small classes (average 1:6 student teacher ratio)
- Highly trained and caring staff
- Individualized program written especially for our students
- Nurturing environment
- 1 to 1 Laptop Program for grades 5 - 12
- Social skills curriculum for all students
- An environment created especially to help students reach their full potential
On the Shelton School Campus at the corner of Preston and Summerside in Dallas, Texas.
Laura Nichols via email or at