Working at Shelton
(no need to submit for multiple positions)
- Cover Letter
- Specify the position(s)
We also occasionally accept interns at Shelton.
There are three ways to submit your information to our Human Resources Department:
- Email (preferred method) - send cover letter and resumé as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com.
- Fax - cover letter and resumé to 972.426.6995
- Mail - cover letter and resumé to
Shelton School - Human Resources
15720 Hillcrest Road
Dallas, TX 75248-4161
We do not accept phone call inquiries about positions. Should we find that your qualifications meet the needs of a specific position, you will be notified for further followup. Please understand that we receive many resumés annually and we cannot interview every candidate.Shelton School affirms equal employment opportunity and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, sexual orientation, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, protected activity as defined by applicable law, or other category or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
- Upper School: 9th - 12th (position available)
- Development (position available)
- Evaluation Center (position available)
- Substitute Teacher (positions available)
- Nursing (positions available)
- Lower School: EC - 2nd
- Middle School: 6th - 8th
- Upper Elementary: 3rd - 5th
- Scholars Program
The Evaluation Center is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
- Licensed Psychologist, Ph.D and Texas license required (contract/part-time)
Position initially may be a contract position but becoming at least a part-time position if both parties agree. Anticipated start date is as soon as possible. Please send your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All people who substitute for Shelton School must be on our master list of approved substitutes.
- All people who wish to substitute at Shelton School must first submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for review by the division heads and Human Resources Department.
Shelton occasionally needs a substitute nurse. If you are a Registered Nurse and are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and check our information on subbing at Shelton.
Together, some 250 employees collaborate to make Shelton a national resource center in the field of learning differences. When we add to the team, we seek people who set a high standard of professional and personal excellence.Shelton is a great place to work, with competitive benefits, the best of which is working at Shelton!
Over 150 teachers comprise the heart of Shelton's instructional community, contributing to the nurturing atmosphere at school. Some 43% have advanced degrees. They have an average of 14.2 years' teaching experience. While other staff members' jobs are outside the classroom, they are never far removed from interaction with students. Aides, therapists, diagnosticians and administrators alike are in place to support teachers as they deliver the finest educational programming possible.
Shelton is more than a school. We also have opportunities in our
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Evaluation Center
- Teacher Training Department