Believe * Compete * Finish
- Register for winter and spring sports for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Register for winter and spring sports for the 2017-2018 school year. For current registration list (as of 9/10/17), click here.
- Middle School Athletics Information for 2017-2018
- Middle School Team-Practice Information for 2017-2018
4th - 5th Grade Boys/Girls
- Register here if you have a child who has an interest in playing basketball or soccer.For current registration list (as of 9/10/17), click here.
What is ImPACT Testing?
ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is a validated computerized concussion evaluation system. The test assists in tracking recovery of cognitive processes after an athlete receives a head injury. The test helps us establish the athlete's normal cognitive functioning that can be later used to compare to post-concussion testing.
All Shelton athletes are required to take the ImPACT baseline testing. To be in compliance with the Shelton Charger Athletic Handbook, athletes in the 6th, 8th, 10th, and 12th grades must take the test. Also, if an athlete is new to Shelton or Shelton Athletics in any grade, the ImPACT test must be taken.
For on-campus testing:
No testing sessions currently scheduled.
For off-campus testing:
Call the Ben Hogan Sports Concussion Center in Plano or Dallas to make an appointment. Shelton has already paid for the testing for Shelton athletes, so the service is provided at no cost to you. Athletes must have at least 3 hours of non-physical activity prior to taking the test. If your child is taking the test after school, he/she CANNOT work out in 8th period or after school.
Please note that any child under the age of 11 will NOT be able to take this test at the Dallas concussion center. They will not be conducting pediatric testing so he/she will have to be tested at the Plano concussion center.
6300 W. Parker Road
Medical Office Building 2, Suite 124
Plano, Tx 75093
8230 Walnut Hill Ln, Suite 514
Professional Building 3
Dallas, Tx 75231
Click here to download and print the ImPACT worksheet. This is required at the time the test is taken and should be completed by a parent.