Shelton School is participating again in North Texas Giving Day on September 18. This event allows Shelton to be eligible to receive a portion of a matching gift from the Communities Foundation of Texas based on total funds raised on September 18 between 6 A.M. to midnight. Your Shelton Annual Fund Gift can be matched by:
- Go to Shelton's page on the donation website on September 18 only
- Click Donate Now once you are on Shelton School’s page
- The website will be busy that day and you may need a little extra time to make your gift
Giving to the Annual Fund is first and most important way to help support the school so we hope you will help us in reaching our goals this year.
18 Month Milestones
At 18 months, your child...
- Recognizes pictures of familiar persons, objects, and pets
- Starts to combine 2 words, such as "mommy bye-bye"
- Uses words to make wants know, such as "more," "up"
- Imitates words and sounds more clearly
- Points to own toes, eyes and nose
- Knows and says the names of 5 things
- Points and gestures to call attention to something or show wants
- Follow simple commands
- Uses 10 to 20 different words
- Practices words and word combinations
- Brings familiar object from another room when asked
- Turns pages of a book a few pages at a time
- Occasionally mixes real words with jargon
- Develops a play routine
To stimulate your child's speech...
- Read books to you child frequently
- Talk simply, clearly and slowly to your child
- Look at your child when he or she talks to you
- Describe what you child is doing, feeling and hearing in short, 3-word sentences
- Let you child listen to children's music and book recordings
- Respond to your child's attempts at communication in a meaningful way