"Shelton is probably one of the most cherished schools in Dallas, with a national reputation as a leader in LD education. Parents say there is a good balance of academics, structure, discipline and loving remediation." - D Magazine
Founded in 1976 by Dr. June Shelton, Shelton School is a private, non-sectarian, co-ed school serving intelligent children with learning differences. It has been the turning point toward success for thousands of students. Shelton's individualized, academic program is written especially for learning-different students. Coupled with a highly trained and caring staff, students at Shelton are in an environment setup to help them reach their full potential. Shelton's niche is providing positive, practical solutions to the problems that learning-different students face, with the goal of remediation and return to the mainstream classroom, when possible. For some, Shelton's full school program is optimal for the duration of their undergraduate days.
One of the greatest instructional needs for learning-different students is that of a highly structured, small class setting. With Shelton's average teacher-to-student ratio of one to six, students in grades preschool through 12 are automatically given a head start on their road to successful learning.
Shelton is a Unique Place:
- Trained professionals whose specific expertise and experience are in the field of learning differences
- Individualized action plans for intervention
- A nurturing environment in which to learn
- A curriculum that emphasizes academics and self-esteem
- A social skills curriculum that spans all grade levels
- The development of each student's unique talents
- An emphasis on early identification of learning differences
- The largest school for LD students in the world