Working at Shelton
- Middle School: 6th - 8th (positions available)
- Administration (position available)
- Athletics (positions available)
- Upper School: 9th - 12th (positions available)
- Substitute (positions available)
- Nursing (position available)
- Scholars Program
- Lower School: EC - 2nd
- Upper Elementary: 3rd - 5th
- Evaluation Center
- coordinate Annual Fund and Alumni Giving programs by developing plans and strategies for annual campaigns
- recruit and manage volunteers
- solicitation of and stewardship of donors
- generate and distribute receipts, acknowledgement letters/cards and pledge reminders
- track results of campaigns for analysis purposes
- assist with database management
- coordinate design and publication of printed and electronic materials, telemarketing efforts and solicitation packets
- assist with posting of information to school website
Detail oriented, excellent Microsoft Office/Adobe In Design/Social Media/Fundraising database skills needed. Bachelor’s degree required with 2 – 5 years professional experience in educational or non-profit fundraising. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential. Some night and weekend work is required.
- All people who substitute for Shelton School must be on our master list of approved substitutes.
- All people who wish to substitute at Shelton School must first submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review by the division heads and Human Resources Department.
Together, some 250 employees collaborate to make Shelton a national resource center in the field of learning differences. When we add to the team, we seek people who set a high standard of professional and personal excellence.Shelton is a great place to work, with competitive benefits, the best of which is working at Shelton!
Over 150 teachers comprise the heart of Shelton's instructional community, contributing to the nurturing atmosphere at school. Some 43% have advanced degrees. They have an average of 14.2 years' teaching experience. While other staff members' jobs are outside the classroom, they are never far removed from interaction with students. Aides, therapists, diagnosticians and administrators alike are in place to support teachers as they deliver the finest educational programming possible.
Shelton is more than a school. We also have opportunities in our
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Evaluation Center
- Teacher Training Department
- Resumé (no need to submit for multiple positions)
- Cover Letter
We also occasionally accept interns at Shelton.
There are three ways to submit your information to our Human Resources Department:
- Email (preferred method) - send cover letter and resumé as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com.
- Fax - cover letter and resumé to 972.991.3977
- Mail - cover letter and resumé to
Shelton School - Human Resources
15720 Hillcrest Road
Dallas, TX 75248-4161
We do not accept phone call inquiries about positions. Should we find that your qualifications meet the needs of a specific position, you will be notified for further followup. Please understand that we receive many resumés annually and we cannot interview every candidate.Shelton School affirms equal employment opportunity and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, sexual orientation, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, protected activity as defined by applicable law, or other category or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.