Working at Shelton
- Resumé (no need to submit for multiple positions)
- Cover Letter
We also occasionally accept interns at Shelton.
There are three ways to submit your information to our Human Resources Department:
- Email (preferred method) - send cover letter and resumé as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com.
- Fax - cover letter and resumé to 972.991.3977
- Mail - cover letter and resumé to
Shelton School - Human Resources
15720 Hillcrest Road
Dallas, TX 75248-4161
We do not accept phone call inquiries about positions. Should we find that your qualifications meet the needs of a specific position, you will be notified for further followup. Please understand that we receive many resumés annually and we cannot interview every candidate.Shelton School affirms equal employment opportunity and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, sexual orientation, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, protected activity as defined by applicable law, or other category or characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
- Upper School: 9th - 12th (positions available)
- Athletics (positions available)
- Substitute (positions available)
- Nursing (position available)
- Lower School: EC - 2nd (position available)
- Scholars Program
- Upper Elementary: 3rd - 5th
- Middle School: 6th - 8th
- Evaluation Center
- All people who substitute for Shelton School must be on our master list of approved substitutes.
- All people who wish to substitute at Shelton School must first submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review by the division heads and Human Resources Department.
Administrative Assistant – EC2
Under direct supervision of Lower School division heads, assist in daily operations of the Lower School office. Attendance and punctuality are essential to the successful performance of this job.
- Operate multi-line phone with heavy phone activity and provide personal interface with students, staff, and parents
- Perform Renweb attendance reporting
- Reconcile classroom budgets
- Process staff expense reporting and reimbursements
- Post and edit LS Shelton Website page postings (all pictures & descriptions kept current)
- Order and purchase miscellaneous classroom supplies and Montessori materials as needed
- Provide pre-Tekhelp assistance to teachers as needed
- Assist with all carpool and lunch duties
- Provide substitute duties for teachers or fill-in as needed to provide additional help in classrooms
- Perform lamination tasks and make copies as needed
Monthly, Bi-annual, or Annual Responsibilities:
- Reconcile staff PTO bi-monthly and provide report
- Reconcile divisional AMEX bill on monthly basis
- Order classroom supplies bi-annually
- Provide annual update of student cumulative files
- Provide annual program design for the International Fine Arts Performance
- Provide annual program design for the End-of-Year Student Awards Ceremony
- Provide annual assistance with the International Tasting Event
- Perform general office duties as requested
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s a plus in related field
- Minimum 2 years administrative assistant experience required
- Must demonstrate ability to multitask
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) applications required
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Teacher or substitute teaching experience preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
How to Apply
Please submit resume to email@example.com.
Together, some 250 employees collaborate to make Shelton a national resource center in the field of learning differences. When we add to the team, we seek people who set a high standard of professional and personal excellence.Shelton is a great place to work, with competitive benefits, the best of which is working at Shelton!
Over 150 teachers comprise the heart of Shelton's instructional community, contributing to the nurturing atmosphere at school. Some 43% have advanced degrees. They have an average of 14.2 years' teaching experience. While other staff members' jobs are outside the classroom, they are never far removed from interaction with students. Aides, therapists, diagnosticians and administrators alike are in place to support teachers as they deliver the finest educational programming possible.
Shelton is more than a school. We also have opportunities in our
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Evaluation Center
- Teacher Training Department